Tiananmen Square: Over Three Decades Later, China May Be Worse Than It Was Back Then
Don’t let Leftist social media shut us out! Sign up for Daily Surge’s daily email blast… it’ll keep you updated on each day’s Daily Surge new columns. Go to dailysurge.com and sign up under “Free Newsletter” on the right side of the page, one-third of the way down. It’s easy! And like it says, it’s free!
Surge Summary: Lots to be concerned about on the contemporary scene. But some encouraging developments can be found as well.
by Gary Bauer
- Florida Governor Ron DeSantis signed legislation protecting girls’ sports from biological boys who claim to be girls.
- More people of color (here and here) are speaking out against the Marxist, anti-American ideology of critical race theory.
- Parents opposed to critical race theory successfully forced a Florida school board to edit its “equity statement,” removing references to “structures rooted in white advantage.”
- A Michigan school district overruled the principal who attempted to censor religious speech from a valedictory address.
- Wisconsin legislators are investigating Mark Zuckerberg’s Center for Tech and Civic Life, which may have violated state election laws during the 2020 election.
- Coca-Cola continues to get burned over its decision to go woke.
- Florida State University was forced to pay $100,000 for violating the free speech and religious liberty rights of a Catholic student who was punished for privately expressing his religious and political views.
- The state of California has been ordered to pay $2 million in legal fees to settle cases involving two more churches that sued Gov. Gavin Newsom for religious discrimination during the pandemic shutdowns.
- The seven-day rolling average of COVID-19 cases is down 94% from the January peak and at the lowest level since March of 2020.
The views here are those of the author and not necessarily Daily Surge
Originally Posted here.
Image: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/; Adapted from: Matt Janicki; https://www.flickr.com/photos/mjanicki/3787445509/in/photostream/
Gary Lee Bauer is an American politician and activist, who served in the Reagan administration. He later became president of the Family Research Council and a senior vice president of Focus on the Family. In 2000, he participated in the Republican presidential contest.
The post From FL to MI to CA … Good News for Common Sense, Constitutionalism, Election Integrity appeared first on DailySurge.