Don’t let Leftist social media shut us out! Sign up for Daily Surge’s daily email blast… it’ll keep you updated on each day’s Daily Surge new columns. Go to dailysurge.com and sign up under “Free Newsletter” on the right side of the page, one-third of the way down. It’s easy! And like it says, it’s free!
Surge Summary: Citizens of a Tennessee city rise up and let LGBTQ radicals know their lewd public antics are unacceptable and will not be tolerated without their vocal opposition.
by Larry Tomczak
After an extremely tense and protracted period pitting conservative citizens of Nashville’s “sister city,” Franklin in a fierce battle with aggressive LGBTQ activists determined to have a gay pride event return to our public park, a decision was rendered. National news covered this hotly contested issue coming on the heels of the recent school shooting by a crazed transgender woman in a Christian school.
After weeks of debate and political maneuvering, a final session of the city council was held in this watershed moment with an overflow crowd jammed into the building for the second open hearing where 106 spoke for 60 seconds including my wife, daughter and me.
“As followers of Jesus Christ, we love and accept all people but that does not mean we accept all lifestyles where there is ongoing sin like adultery or homosexuality.
Jesus placed a child in the midst of a crowd and warned that if anyone was to cause one of these children to stumble or sin, it would be better to put a millstone around his neck and be cast into the sea.
I’ve attended over 20 gay pride events to engage with people in a winsome way. What happened at Pridefest last year was promoted as “Family friendly with all ages welcome.” That was dishonest and represents a pattern of deceptive practices occurring across the country. Trust was broken and consequences must result.
Permits are granted for public spaces. Elected officials ensure they remain safe places for children and families. Community standards of decency must be respected relative to whether a permit is granted or denied. There are plenty of private places that are viable options.
If a drag queen performance (or any “Adult” entertainment) was proposed to be part of a “family friendly” event in our public park where there would be lewd behavior, semi-nudity and sexually charged content it is not discriminatory to refuse the permit. [I held up a sign] IF GROUPS DON’T FIT, WE GRANT NO PERMIT.”
Mother to Mayor
A courageous mom, unfazed by the fear of being “canceled,” refused to be passive and sent a lengthy letter to the mayor and aldermen. After being personally threatened on social media by an activist who called for a protest demonstration in front of our home we stayed engaged and sent excerpts of this mother’s letter along with graphic pictures of the drag queen from his own website and video of his show at our park to pastors and citizens to provoke them to be “salt” to hold back decay.
• “It’s been their agenda to normalize their lifestyle and recruit more members.
• Gays Against Groomers have joined with us to stop groups who aim to flaunt,
stimulate and cause people to be inquisitive and watch… It is NOT for kids.
It’s not like a harmless mime or clown… SEX is the word and exactly why kids
do not need to be involved.
- This event could easily be at a private farm, but that is not what they want.
They want public exposure and access to the young.
• In a public park we don’t want exhibitionists dressing up as prostitutes and
acting in cartoonish and degrading ways, prancing and doing the undulating
“moves,” in very suggestive poses.
- You may think the parents are making the decision to bring them but do all the parents understand what will be there? We protect children in other situations from reckless or ignorant parents by requiring car seats and seatbelts and impose severe consequences if drugs or guns are left out for little hands to grasp. It’s not unusual for government to set guardrails for irresponsible people especially when innocent young are involved.
- We must put a line in the sand and protect our children. We must not be weak or cowardly. This community will be thankful to you for taking a stand for our children – ‘No. It’s not in our park unless it’s family friendly…’”
Photographs showed “Family Friendly Franklin Gay Pride Performer ‘Blair Bitch’” dressed seductively as a woman snorting cocaine, sitting spread eagle, dressed like a Nazi and Satan as well as displaying naked prosthetic breasts.
The standing room only crowd overflowed into hallways (many standing for 4 ½ hours) leaned in for the soft explosion announcement of the final vote. The blatantly false rhetoric and angry accusations leveled by many of the LGBTQ activists had ceased.
The city leaders decided to grant the permit for the Pride Festival by a 5-4 decision with Mayor Ken Moore casting the tie-breaking vote. He shared that he was voting in favor of the event to give a “lifeline” to the festival but warned it would be under tight scrutiny. “If you violate our trust of this board, I will work hard and I’m sure this board will join me in working very hard to make sure that event never occurs.”
How Do We Proceed?
Years ago, Bob Dylan sang a ballad in which he said, “How many times can a man turn his head and pretend that he just doesn’t see?”
1. We must awaken to the gravity of the hour and how the fabric of our nation is being torn apart. God commands us, “Seek the peace of the city… and pray to the Lord for it…” (Jer. 29:7).
Through passionate prayer, proclamation of the gospel and uncompromising truth, alongside PARTICIPATION in societal transformation we obey Jesus’ directive – “Occupy ‘till I come” (Lk. 19:13).
- We must unite with other like-minded Christians who are part of a remnant at the end of the age. Relational connections from the past and present are converging to accomplish God’s purposes in this present time. He will unveil His unique plans for us as “watchman on the wall.”
- We must act compassionately and courageously to challenge political leaders and pastors to either address and equip us on the critical issues of our time or face rightly being resisted and removed by Almighty God.
We cannot afford the luxury of neutrality, non-involvement and simply nice Sunday services with ominous storm clouds gathering for these final epic battles.
Here’s the deal: During this battle, God created numerous “kingdom connections” among authentic Christians, pastors, other conservatives and courageous civil servants. He also educated us on which ones need to be replaced. He stirred multitudes to the urgency of the hour and intercession for perseverance and engagement in continuing opportunities. “Having DONE ALL to stand. Stand…” (Eph. 6:13-14).
“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong
man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The
credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by
dust, and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly…. who at the best knows in the
end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least,
fails well, daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and
timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.” – Pres. Teddy Roosevelt
For detailed info on this issue in our town that “Is Coming to a Park Near You” go to MOMS for LIBERTY Williamson County – TN.
The views here are those of the author and not necessarily Daily Surge.
Image: Screen Shot; WKRN News2; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHs0c16EFxs&t=96s
The post Keeping Eyes on Them: Franklin, TN Citizens Let LGBTQ Radicals Know Gross Antics Are Unacceptable appeared first on DailySurge.